Search for a gene
Search for a genome
e.g. type sac to find Saccharomyces
What's New in Release 37
- 811 genomes from 523 species
- 79 new genomes added, 12 genomes renamed and 395 genomes have updated annotation since release 36
- New Beauveria bassiana ARSEF 8028 genome
- Updated annotation for Verticillium dahliae JR2
- Updated UTR annotation for Fusarium graminearum str PH-1
- New data
- ncRNA alignments and gene predictions for all fungal species
- Updated data
- Updated BioMarts
- Updated protein features
- Updated phenotypic annotation from PHI-base 4.3 for some species
Ensembl Fungi is a browser for fungal genomes. A majority of these are taken from the databases of the International Nucleotide Sequence Database Collaboration (the European Nucleotide Archive at the EBI, GenBank at the NCBI, and the DNA Database of Japan); in some cases, the annotation has been taken directly from the websites of the data generators.
Data can be visualised through the Ensembl genome browser and accessed programmatically via our Perl and RESTful APIs. Data is also accessible through public MySQL databases and our FTP site containing full data dumps in FASTA, EMBL, GTF, GFF3, JSON and RDF formats.
Citing Ensembl Genomes
If you've used Ensembl Genomes in your work, please cite the most recent overview article below and the Ensembl Genomes release you retrieved your data from. References for the specific genome assembly can be found on the More information and statistics page for each species (e.g., Saccharomyces cerevisiae).
Kersey PJ, et al. Ensembl Genomes 2016: more genomes, more complexity. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016 Jan;44(D1) D574-80. doi:10.1093/nar/gkv1209. PMID: 26578574; PMCID: PMC4702859.